With this site and podcast, you’ll learn how to record, edit, publish, and promote your podcast. Get all the tools you need to produce a high-quality show. Start with the basics like how to decide what to podcast about and graduate at your own pace to more complex productions like using a mix-minus to record Skype interviews.
If you only have a few minutes each day or simply want to learn in an easier to consume format, check out Podcast Quick Tips, to learn one tip at a time
A little about me, I launched my first podcast in early 2007 (Produce Picker Podcast) a video podcast about how to identify, select and prepare fresh fruits and vegetables (I was working in the produce industry at the time). This was my vehicle for learning how to podcast.
A dual focus on each audio as well as video is one of this site’s unique features. Most podcasts about podcasting only cover audio. Due to my work in both audio and video media, I love teaching them both.
One year earlier I was hired by a D.C. non-profit to help produce their quickly growing podcast network. I’ve been lucky enough to spend the last eight years producing both audio and video podcasts full-time. I like to say I’m a hobbyist podcaster turned pro. In other words… I got my dream job;)
I bring the experience of a full-time podcaster, schooled in all aspects of podcasting and I enjoy sharing that knowledge via this website. Helping you start, improve and grow your own podcast is what keeps me motivated to produce my own shows.
In fact teaching and helping is what I enjoy most. You can always find me on twitter helping people with their podcasting questions. Your best bet for receiving quick, responsive, quality answers to your podcasting questions is to tweet me and follow via twitter.com/podcasthelper.
If you have your own podcast and want to introduce your audience to the how-to’s of starting, producing and growing their own show, I’d love to be a guest on your show and talk all about it. Feel free to contact me and we’ll set something up ASAP. And shining the spotlight on you is the goal of Podcasters’ Roundtable. Join us over there to share your own experience of producing a podcast regardless of the level you are currently at.
Thanks for taking the time to read a little about this site and my background in podcasting. To hear a little more about my story in depth, check out these shows where I was interviewed about my podcasting journey:
- Nick Sueberling’s – S.T.A.R.T. #11 – “How Picking Produce Led to Podcasting Success for Ray Ortega“
- Podcast Junkies #26 – “Ray Ortega Interview | Why This Host of Podcasters Studio and Podcasters Roundtable Is So Passionate About Producing Quality Shows“
- David Jackson’s – School of Podcasting #271: “From Picking Produce to Picking a Career“
- The TechSupportRich Show #8 – “Interview With Ray Ortega.”
- Kim Doyal’s – The WordPress Chick #26 – Interview with Ray Ortega of The Podcaster’s Studio
- Jim Collison’s -Home Tech Interview #1 – Interview with Ray Ortega
- devLatino interview #15 – “How to Start Podcasting, Interview: Ray Ortega, The Podcasters’ Studio.”
- Steven Lee’s – Waves of Tech Episode #143: “The Podcast Helper Ray Ortega“
- Max Flight’s – Podcasting Passion #8 – “Ray Ortega – The Podcasters Studio“
If you prefer to read instead of listen check out these blog interviews:
- Timelapse Strategies – “Interview with Ray Ortega, professional podcast producer.”
- Spreaker blog – “Q&A with Ray Ortega of The Podcasters’ Studio.”
- Examiner.com’s – “DC Bloggers Profile #5: Ray Ortega.”