Whether you just started a new podcast or are looking to grow your audience, being in the best podcasting directories will make your show more visible to potential viewers.
- iTunes – Still the number one place podcasts are found. iTunes is the first place you should submit your podcast. Watch this video on how to submit your show to the iTunes store.
- Windows Phone 7/8 (formally Zune Marketplace) – Email your Show title and RSS feed url to Rob Greenlee at firstname.lastname@example.org to get listed in the podcast store. Windows users can still download and use the Zune Media Player software to browse, subscribe and listen to podcasts.
- Miro - The open-source podcatcher. Available for users on most major operating systems (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Blackberry - There are a lot of Blackberry devices (think business people and international users) still in use and podcasts do well on these devices as evidenced by the fact that it’s number four on my list.
- Stitcher - A mobile podcast app, Stitcher is on the rise with lots of podcasts being consumed by its users. They’re also leading the charge to get podcasts into the car (their app now works natively inside some BMW’s).
Submitting your show to all of these directories will grow your podcast by making it available to more people searching for content they enjoy at the place they are already consuming podcasts.