Have you run into the 512kb limit imposed on your feed via FeedBurner? This episode will give you some solutions about how to fix it or what to be on the lookout for so your feed doesn’t go down.
If you’re just weary of the FeedBurner’s future and want to move your feed away, Rob Walch from Libsyn and I will be discussing how you can do that as long as you have control over your RSS feed.
If you’re using FeedBurner to serve your RSS feed to iTunes or any other podcasting app, you might run into a problem where your feed no longer updates. This happens because your feed gets too big. Your feed can exceed the 512kb FeedBurner limit several different ways.
- You’re including your blog posts in your feed.
- You’ve produced hundreds or thousands of episodes.
- Your shownotes are really long for each episode and you have hundreds of episodes which equals lots of text.
Links* mentioned on this episode:
- Rob Walch’s email for further help or questions: Rob@libsyn.com
- Rob Greenlee’s email for updating your feed in Zune/Windows phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need a reliable host for your audio or video podcast? Consider moving your show to Libsyn.com (my chosen host) and get your first month free when you use promo code: podcasthelper at checkout.