Learn how to record, edit, publish, promote, and profit from your podcast. This podcast gives you the tools you need to produce a high-quality podcast. From the basics of deciding what to podcast about to more difficult setups, made easy, like a mix-minus to record Skype interviews.
I launched my first podcast in early 2007 (Produce Picker Podcast) a video podcast about how to identify, select, and prepare fresh fruits and vegetables (I was working in the produce industry at the time). This was my vehicle for learning how to podcast.
In 2009, this site’s flagship podcast (TPS) was born. As a result of more than a decade producing both audio and video podcasts, I can help you build the kind of show you want whether you want to be seen or just heard.
In 2008 I was hired by a D.C. non-profit to help produce their quickly growing podcast network. I’ve been lucky enough to spend the last eleven years producing both audio and video podcasts for a living! I like to say I’m a hobbyist podcaster turned pro. In other words… I have my dream job and I want you to have the same!
I bring the experience of a full-time podcaster who enjoys sharing that experience and knowledge via this site and podcast. Helping you start, improve and grow your own podcast is what keeps me motivated to produce my own shows.
In fact teaching and helping is what I enjoy most. You can always find me on twitter helping people with their podcasting questions. Your best bet for receiving quick, responsive, quality answers to your podcasting questions is to tweet me and follow via twitter.com/podcasthelper.
Shining the spotlight on you and your podcast journey is the aim of Podcasters’ Roundtable. Join us over there to share your own experience of producing a podcast regardless of the level you are currently at.
Thanks for taking the time to read a little about this site and my background in podcasting. To hear a little more about my story in depth, check out these shows where I was interviewed about my podcasting journey:
- Podcast Junkies #26 – “Ray Ortega Interview | Why This Host of Podcasters Studio and Podcasters Roundtable Is So Passionate About Producing Quality Shows“
- David Jackson’s – School of Podcasting #271: “From Picking Produce to Picking a Career“
- The TechSupportRich Show #8 – “Interview With Ray Ortega.”
- Kim Doyal’s – The WordPress Chick #26 – Interview with Ray Ortega of The Podcaster’s Studio
- Jim Collison’s -Home Tech Interview #1 – Interview with Ray Ortega
- devLatino interview #15 – “How to Start Podcasting, Interview: Ray Ortega, The Podcasters’ Studio.”
- Steven Lee’s – Waves of Tech Episode #143: “The Podcast Helper Ray Ortega“
- Max Flight’s – Podcasting Passion #8 – “Ray Ortega – The Podcasters Studio“
- Nick Seuberling’s Rapid Fire Questions – Rapid Fire with Ray