Submitting your podcast to the iTunes store is easy once you have created your podcast-ready RSS feed.
The video above will show you how this is done and the step-by-step directions are below.
- Locate the URL of your rss feed.
- Copy to your clipboard or write it down.
- Open the iTunes software (download first if necessary)
- Browse to the podcast section
- Find the “submit a podcast” link
- Paste or type in your RSS feed URL
- Log in to iTunes or create a new account
- Confirm the details of your RSS feed listing are correct (iTunes will show you how your info inside iTunes will display).
Wait patiently. The people at iTunes will take a look at and listen to your show to confirm that what you say you’re submitting is correct. They will get back to you within a 1-14 days, but usually within a couple days.
When your show is accepted you’ll receive an email with confirmation details. Make sure to save the details of this email so you can easily access your show’s information inside iTunes.
Your podcast will not be immediately searchable inside iTunes. It will take up to a week before the information has been cached on the Apple servers and people will be able to find you via search.